Saturday 6 September 2008

[Lost Canvas] Possible Anime version coming soon

Hey folks,

Here's some intriguing news. The Spanish website Ice Planet reports from a source only known as "Sasshi" that the adaptation of the previous Holy War by Shiori Teshirogi The Lost Canvas, will be made into an anime. It would seem that Akita Shoten, the publisher of Lost Canvas, has agreed for the adaptation to go ahead.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other reliable sources that can confirm this so we'll just have to wait and see what other bits of information crop up in the future.

The manga is currently gaining in popularity. After being adapted in countries like Argentina, Brazil and Italy, a French version started being published last June with volume 3 due for release in October. Of course an English version at this stage is unlikely, unless the anime goes ahead and proves to be popular in countries like Britain or the US.

3 comments:

sceanne said...

Hi Fenrir,

Keep the good news coming..

Speaking of anime..one of the italian stations is airing the Hades chapter! Finally!

Fenrir, may I ask you a question? Do you know of any website in english about guides and hints on how to build the temples and decorations for the myth cloths? I searched but every site I found is in french and my french is quite...you know ..limited :{

Jean-Loup said...

Unfortunately no I don't. All the help pages I know of for building your own dioramas are indeed in French and even that doesn't help me much as lots of the recommended raw material isn't available in the UK (such as extruded polystyrene). Consequently, I've never had the chance to try my hand at making my own...

I'm also not really following the Italian scene so I don't know how creative they can get. So far the really impressive and thorough work I've seen were from either French or Chinese fans. Though perhaps there are some helpful Italian sites out there...

If I do come across something in English, I'll post about it :)

sceanne said...

Hi Fenrir,
Thanks a lot for your help.

In the meantime, I'll try my hand at it and see what comes out. I'll let you know...

thanks again... ;)