Wednesday 1 October 2008

[Saint Cloth Myth] Alioth Fenrir - Tamashii Photos

Okay people, it's drooling time. Cybergundam posted Tamashii photos (not quite yet available on Tamashii, makes me wonder how they get hold of those in the first place...) and they are fan-tas-tic!!

So let's have a comment for each one of them as this is my most expected myth cloth and deserves a proper bit of commentary (so bear with me ;))
First photo, first bonus. Not only do we have a much clearer idea of what Ging will look like, there is the added bonus of a hand for Fenrir to whistle for his wolves as you see him do in the 4 episodes he appears in. If that's not original, I don't know what it.

On a slightly downer side, I find Ging to be a little small for a fully grown male wolf but I guess it has to fit in the box somehow ;)

On that one, I would say the eyes are some of the best ones I've seen for lots of myths. I suspect this photo will be the one you'll see on the front of the box. He has the characteristic poised position with hands open, perhaps not as crouched as you're used to see him but still very convincing!

The Wolf Cruelty Claw attack will give me some issues as per what position to give him. It's normally a huge dillema to figure out the right position but that's going to be even worse here.

If you're a fan of the Asgard storyline, you'll probably have noticed that the Object form is slightly different from the original design of the God Robe. That's mostly for compatibility reasons I would think, but also to perhaps "correct" the original design which had a flatter, more triangular face (which can't be reproduced here due to the rigidity of the mask). The front claws are also a little too high on the legs but that's also due to design issues. Personally, I don't find that too striking.

Another thing I just noticed is the fact that the knee parts are separate from the leg parts, compared to Syd whose God Robe Object has a similar design as Fenrir. This prevents the knee to pop out when assembled in object form, which I find to be a bonus too :D

Finally the great Ging. First of all, I would like to say how much more this figure actually looks like a wolf compared to the Anime which has wolves somewhat looking like Hyenas... The details of the fur are very well retranscribed, the muzzle is of the right proportion and of course they didn't forget the crescent-shaped scar on his forehead.

Of course it will be a static figure so no options to give him different poses (that I can see) which is probably a good thing at the end of the day.

Thanks to Cybergundam and Tamashii for the photos ^^)

No comments: