Saturday 17 March 2007

[Photoshoot] Cloth Up - Bronze Saints

In 2006, Bandai released a new series of Gashapon figurines called "Cloth Up". The principle was to have pre-painted small figurines with detachable cloth / surplice and a semi-articulated body. Of course the range of movements you can give those figurines is very limited but it's better than no movement at all.

Personally, I am very fond of this series and I was sad to see it stop after series 5 was issued in November 2006. It would have been a nice medium to release characters which are so far still unreleased (like specters or silver saints for instance). I personally find these figurines well proportionned, well designed (apart from one or two things, but for the price who can complain?) and quite affordable.

Now since they are mass-produced, a lot of details in the colour of the cloth was left out, so the series I present below had little touches added by me, thanks to a few tips I found on ma-déesse forum. Most noticable are extra touches of colour to give the figure more realism.

Anyway, I present the 5 bronze saints, Seiya, Shiryu, Hyoga, Shun and Ikki, a group picture and a preview of a future photoshoot of the gold saints, Leo Aiolia. Enjoy ^^






No comments: